The report lists tag/indicator combinations used in the Aleph Local Authority files and counts the number of occurrences for each tag/indicator combination. It uses Date Warehouse tables. Sample Report:
In the past catalogers suppressed call numbers from OPAC display in Aleph by leaving the call number "type" indicator in holdings record and items blank. This method of suppressing the call number does not allow for proper statistical/reporting information for these call numbers. In order to allow these call numbers to be counted properly according to their type, a system of "alternative" type coding was implemented. Use the alternative call number type in the holdings 852 1st indicator or the Item record's call number type field to suppress the call number from the OPAC but allow it to be included in counts, statistics, reporting, etc..
|4||Shelving Control Number||E|
|5||Shelving Form of Title||F|
|7||Source Specified in $2||H|
Here are the steps for setting up automatic printing of Notices and reports:
1. Coordinate with FCLA and let us know the printids that will be used. This printid determines which jobs will go to which printer. FCLA will need to add these IDs to the jobs list on the Aleph server.
The printids can be anything, but it is recommended to use a convention such as:
- For Single library Institutions: circemail, circprint, circboth (for email, print or both)
- For multi-campus/library Instititions:
maine, mainp, mainb; lawe, lawp, lawb
2. Setup the PrintIDs in the client:
- Under the Admin tab - Task Manager - Print Daemon
- Click Setup. "Print ID to Add" Window Opens
Offline Circ can be used to capture circ transactions during times when the Aleph server is unavailable. There are two types of offline circ clients:
1. In client - used during unexpected or scheduled downtime
2. Standalone offline Circ - this should only be used during an upgrade when the Aleph versions will be changing.
Here are the instructions for In-Client Offline Circ.
From the Circ Module - Go To Circulation - Offline Circ, see image.
If there are transactions from a prior session, you should be prompted to delete the old file. It is important to remove old transactions so that you do not send old data to the server.
To change the format of the numbers in an Excel column simply highlight the entire column by clicking the lettered cell at the top of the column. Then with your pointer "right click" anywhere within the highlighted column and select "Format Cells...." from the selection list that opens. Select "Custom", click on the single 0 under "General" and then in the box above "General", which is just below the word "Type:" add in nine zeros in the box. This will set the format of the numbers to nine digits with leading zeros. Click OK when done. If you are transforming the number to use as input to an Aleph service the format should be nine digits with no space followed by the pertinent library:
000123456XXX01 [e.g. 000123456FAU01]
The file should be a plan ASCII file.
|Version 20 Upgrade Schedule|
|Set up development environment to test complete upgrade process||FCLA||May/June|
“Item Available” Request Workflow, Ex. Storage, Paging, Intra-Campus Delivery
The Pickup Location is usually different than the Owning Sublibrary
Ex. Storage – Storage items are generally available to everyone & are shipped to the pickup location chosen by the Patron
Item is received at Pickup Location
- Staff check-in Items – “Return” in client.
This generates a Patron Hold Notice to Patron (item is available for Pickup) and Hold Slip to place with item on Hold Shelf.
- "Hold Shelf Report" - can be run to process items that have not been picked by X days.
Patron arrives and item is loaned to patron
Patron returns items to Pickup Location
- Return generates a transfer slip back to Item’s Sublibrary (Owning sublibrary).
- Item is shipped back to Owning Sublibrary.
- "Report of In-Transit Items" – will show Owning sublib and “In-Transit to” sublib which will be the Owning Sublib - *same.
Item Located in Mango – Request Placed
Choose pickup location
"Call Slips for Requests" – Running daily @ intervals in Batch
- Generates Pull Slip at Sublibrary where item is located.
- Item is pulled from Shelf
- Staff “Returns” item in client
Return generates a transfer slip to Pickup Location. (recommended)
- Item is shipped to Pickup Location.
Goto Pickup Sublibrary Workflow
- Once received from Pickup Location, Staff Returns item.
End of Workflow.